We looked at Stephanie Perkins's Anna and the French Kiss and had thoughts! Namely:
- Oh, the title, why the title? Bookseller types noted it put some people off.
- We loved the setting - Paris! - and the boarding school.
- Though perhaps the kids had too much freedom - even though they were Americans in crazy liberal drinking-at-18 Europe, would they have been allowed quite so much? Did it feel more like she wanted to write a college novel?
- Was St-Clair a bit too grumpy considering he has a girlfriend? Was Anna's reaction to Bridge a bit OTT and unsympathetic?
- Like candy. Good candy. We basically liked it.